Following are the step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
ADDING A NEW ACCOUNT :
1. Select the File menu and then click on Info.
2. Click the Add Account button.
3. Choose the option Manually configure server settings or additional server settings.
4. Click Next and choose Internet E-mail.
5. Click Next.
ACCOUNT SETTINGS :
1. Enter your name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
2. Enter the full Email Address.
3. Enter the full email address as the User Name.
4. Enter the Password.
5. Under the Server Information, select IMAP/POP3 from the drop down menu of Account Type.
6. Enter the Incoming mail server as mail.domainname.com and the Outgoing mail server(SMTP) will be same as Incoming mail server i.e. mail.domainname.com.
MORE SETTINGS :
1. Click on More Settings button.
2. Go to Outgoing Server tab.
3. Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
4. Ensure that you are using the same settings as incoming mail server.
5. Click the Advanced tab.
6. Ensure that if you are using IMAP then the port no. should be 143, for POP3 the port no. is 110 and for SMTP the port no. is 25.
7. Click OK.
TESTING SETTINGS :
1. While on the E-mail Accounts screen,click the Test Account Settings button.
2. This will both check your settings and send a test email to yourself to confirm that everything is working. If you receive any errors, please check your configuration.
3. Click the Close button on the Test Account Settings window.
4. Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
5. Click the Finish button.